Wednesday, December 13, 2006

ooh feeling the morning sickness

first bout of morning sickness today - not terribly bad just there and a reminder of how bad it can get.

I remember weeks 6-9 being brutal last time, I'm in week 5 now so fearing the worst for next week, have been attempting to head issues off at the pass, had a lovely bowl of oatmeal this morning and been filling my face with oranges since then. No bananas though, too high in sugar.

Dug out my Healthy Eating in Pregnancy book last night so will do my best to stick to a sensible low sugar diet and avoid being an insulin junkie.

In other news, my brother and his wife had their court date in Russia today to adopt their little boy, seems like they will get to pick him up earlier than expected and could even be home with him for Xmas - what joy!

My sister-in-law and my best friends struggles with infertility have really opened my eyes, it's a cruel affliction and my heart breaks for people who try so hard to do something that other folk take for granted. My best mate has twin boys now and my sister in law finally has her little boy within her sights, happy endings all round and hopefully some salve for the battle wounds.

No comments: