Friday, December 15, 2006

Beta #2

Well, all is not lost it seems, blood drawn today gave an hcg level of 237, up from 79 4 days ago which according to this calculator is "The Two-Day hCG rise was 73% and is considered adequate."

Still not out of the woods, when I went for an appt. with the OBGYN the nurse said "so, you're here for a missed abortion consult" - nice! No sez I, I'm still pregnant as far as I know, do you know something I don't?

Silly cow, it was all I could do not to slap her hard.

The doc was nice, said don't worry the numbers are good, it's too early to see anything in the scan. Come back again on Tuesday dn have more blood drawn and we'll see how the levels are.

So I'm feeling more hopeful but not letting my guard down yet. Until I see that heartbeat I won't relax and even then probably.

Best mate has been a rock, she of the twins, she's been through 3 pregnancies with me now, 1 ended badly, 1 gave me my son and now this. Couldn't survive without her.

So I'm going to try to enjoy the weekend and stay calm until Tuesday.

Symptoms today - enormous poos, yeah seriously, enormous, still farting up a storm, tmi? Sorry, but it's the real deal and I wish someone had told me about these things when I first got pregnant, hey sister you will fart and poo for Ireland for the next year or so - oh great, thats' a relief! Breasts still painful but not at the levels they were last time when I had to strap them down before bed, if the sheet brushed them I screamed in pain, not there but it could come yet. Breasts are such wonderful creations aren't they? Breastfeeding my son was one of the most rewarding aspects of pregnancy/birth for me.

Anyhoo that's it, obviously mentally in a better place than yesterday and physically not too bad either, have had a few too many hands up my hoohaa lately but them's the breaks.

PS: The sexy dreams have kicked in, yahoo!

No comments: