Friday, June 8, 2007

Home

Am home today for the 2nd time this week...hmmm

What's going on?

Shortness of breath, yes I know that's par for the pregnancy course but I am only 30 wks and I'm breathing like a 60 a day smoker with emphysema. Earlier in the week (and last week) this was accompanied by dizzy spells and unbelievable drop dead weakness. That's kind of alleviated now thanks to vast quantities of water and an upping of my protein intake, I was anemic and dehydrated apparently.

Anyway, I spent Tuesday evening in the ER having a cat scan, nothing like serious medical tests to scare the pants right off you. Also had an ultrasound of my heart on Wednesday to make sure it's not enlarged. It's not, nor do I have anything sinister in my lungs, which after 20 years smoking and growing up in a house full of smokers is a major relief!

Am pissed off at feeling like an old lady (note I did not say little, I am anything but fucking little at the moment) afraid to go down to the basement in case I can't get back up, running out of steam half way to the fridge to get water, it taking me 15 minutes to work up the energy to get up and pee in the middle of the night. Seriously fucking annoying.

Am off to the doc in a few minutes to see if she can shed any light on this.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

FYI - I'm carrying waaayyyyy low, baby is practically at my knees thanks to zero ab supports from previous c-section so baby is not pressing on my diaphragm. Blood pressure is fine as are blood sugar levels, heart rate fine, everything else ok, so internets...ideas? Suggestions?

If I'm stuck like this for another 9-10 weeks I will go nuts.

No comments: