Friday, June 22, 2007

1st week

So this was my first week seriously trying to stick to the GD diet. How did I do?

Not bad until Wednesday I suppose.
Yesterday, Thursday, was shite, i just couldn't be bothered, I was hungry so I ate - sue me! I didn't test my blood all day. Yes I feel bad about it, yes I know I'm giving the poor babe too much sugar but man I was fucking hungry and toast with peanut btter does not cut it as a breakfast for me, I need cereal with milk and tea and then maybe toast with a banana as I drive to work.

I'm back on the horse today, had my measly brekkie, am fucking STARVING and waiting for my oh so crappy lunch, 3 slices of bread and 3 slices of meat with a yogurt to follow, oh yummy, can't fucking wait.

Sorry about all the swearing, being hungry does not suit me. Oh and I'm constipated too thanks to the pre natal vitamins that I've started taking again, woo fucking hoo.

3 comments:

Krissy said...

If you are that hungry then you are not eating enough.

It's not about amount, it's about combinations. If one round of peanut butter toast doesn't do it, have three rounds.

It's not about weight, but blood sugar. You aren't on a diet, you just need to be careful of the combos.

Do they have you testing for spilled Ketones?

EAT MORE. Just EAT MORE with lots of protein and fat in.

If you are that hungry, girl, EAT.

Krissy said...

Well dorkey me. ;-) I thought this was your first GD diagnosis.

Ignore me! xoxox

Boliath said...

Thanks Krissy honey, I did take your advice and have full fat ice cream with strawberries just now, I'll let you know how the sugars are.

No, they're not having me test for ketones, I'll mention that at the next appt.

I'm not going to ignore you pet you've given me back my ice cream, I love you!