Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Acupuncture

So, I went and had acupuncture last night including a session with some needles in my sacrum being stimulated by a little machine - a bit like a TENS machine I think.

I started feeling lots of pressure on the drive home and I thought maybe things were happening, I had some cramping and generally felt a little odd. About an hour later, my bowels let loose and I immediately felt better and the pressure went away. So not very productive baby wise but I was delighted to have my bowels cleaned out and certainly feel better for it.

Today, surprisingly, at lunch time, I got hit with the biggest contraction I've had yet and I've had one or two kind of strong ones since then so maybe the acupuncture is having a delayed reaction.

It's Lughnasadh today so happy frollicking and fornicating to you all.

I finish work tomorrow, yahoo!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Hey! I came over to visit after you commented on my blog, and I'm really enjoying reading your adventures in pregnancy (from one hemorrhoidal, constipated preggo to another)!

Kendra said...

I never tried acupuncture! I am very interested to see what happens! It has been a while since you posted so maybe you had luck :)

Emma in Canada said...

Heard the news from Red Mum...congrats! So happy for you all!

Stacey said...

I hear there is a new baby...can't wait to hear all about it!

Congratulations!