Friday, March 23, 2007

Oh dear

This has nothing to do with pregnancy I just wanted to share. Garrison Keilor of Prairie Home Companion and the Writer's Almanac which I listen to every weekday morning has got himself into a bit of a fix as he'd probably say himself.

I like Garrison, I like his voice, I don't think much of his poetry reading he soetimes gets it all so very wrong on that score but still it's a lovely 5 minutes in the morning.

He writes for Salon sometimes, I didn't know that and now I'm sorry I do. This is his latest article.

Now it's pretty obvious that it's sarcastic, Very Bitey does a wonderful job of interpreting it. Dan Savage goes a bit nuts about it and seems to have missed the sarcasm a bit.

But all in all it's a touch disappointing from oul Garrison and has spolied my morning enjoyment of him now - oo-er missus that sounded rude - anyway thought I'd share that with you 'cos it's pissed me off a bit today.

1 comment:

laurie said...

ha! i had dinner with the Man himself last week!

sort of.

i'll have whatever mr. keillor is having