Monday, March 12, 2007

Dentists

Another PSA from me, stay the fuck away from dentists when you're pregnant people. Now it may just be my dentist who seems to be a bit rough and certainly took her frustration out on me last Monday but when I went back today to say:

Hey lady, what the fuck, why is there a bit of gum flapping all round my mouth? Shouldn't it be like attached to a tooth or something? eh? eh?

And she said:

Oh right yeah, it's because you're pregnant and your gums take longer to heal and they're more sensitive and shit.

Not what I was expecting to hear which would have been more like:

Oh sorry there, I was a bit rough last week and tore right through your gum back there so it's no surprise you've been popping tylenol extra strength like tic tacs for the last week or so.

Stupid cow, she is so not my fucking dentist anymore. Doesn't help the searing pain in my jaw nor the gaping hole in my mouth that she so gently scraped out this morning.

So, be warned fellow big belly sporters, stay away from dentists (or maybe just my dentist) if you really don't have to go.

2 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

Why did she not warn you of that fact beforehand? I saw something here that said to make sure you see your dentist before you get pregnant (obviously meant for those who actually try, not those like me who just find themselves suddenly up the stick) due to sensitivity issues. My gums bled like mad while I was pregnant. Suppose the fact that I hate flossing didn't help.

Boliath said...

She should havem she also could have stayed away from the clamp that caused the gum to be sliced away from the tooth, she could have done a lot of things, not been so rough, been nicer to her assistant, not kept me waiting an hour - but she didn't and she's lost a patient, I'm sure it doesn't bother her too much.

I got one of the Oral B Hummingbird flosser jobbies, it's great, makes the whole thing so much easier and faster.