Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The big scan

Had the BIG scan yesterday, the one where you can find out the baby's gender and...













I can't tell you!

Ha ha, sorry, we were still (arguing) discussing our options when the time came so we decided that I would find out and Big man and little man would leave the room. So I know but they don't and I can't very well tell the internet if they don't know so sorry.

I'm glad I know but it's going to be difficult to keep it to myself for another 20+ weeks!

Baby is fine, big - no surprise there - measuring a week ahead as am I so due date is moved forward to August 7th. Placenta is in front which is why I haven't been feeling a whole lot of movement, I was a bit worried about that.

Had a midwife appointment afterwards, met a new midwife - well new to me - who I adored, she was fab, just how you want a midwife to be, big, friendly, competent, capable and no nonsense. She said the GD may not be a problem, I have to do the yummy sugar drink thing next week. And best of all she reiterated that I am an excellent candidate for a VBAC - yahooey!

Took little man to the dentist for his 1st ever appointment, was cute, no work done or anything, just a meet and greet kind of thing, he got a sticker.

And then little man and I went home and slept for the afternoon, I was wrecked, the scan wiped me out, took all of the tension away, I didn't realise how tense I was until I let it go, I had myself convinced there was something wrong with this baby - phew.

3 comments:

Portlairge said...

You're killing me- You KNOW!!!!! and you can't tell us!!!! All right, I suppose it would be bad if we knew and big man and little man didn't. I'm glad everything went well.

Emma in Canada said...

Really? You aren't going to tell us? The only reason I turned on my computer was to see what was up with you and the baby. I'm still thinking girl. Am I right?

All is okay at my end, will post shortly. Thanks for wondering!

Boliath said...

Hey PL, thanks for dropping by, you haven't updated in AGES, how are things?

Emma, you've been a bit slack too, what's up?

Anyway sorry guys, haven't told the menfolk yet, I'm waiting for big man to ask rather than trying to trick me into telling him.