Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday monday

Am starting to dread Mondays, the weekly go round starts again and yet again I got about 10% done of what I wanted and needed to get done this weekend. The laundry is growing extra heads and arms in the basement. I put little mans second last clean tee shirt on him this morning. I just can't get down there to do it. I have no energy none whatsoever, it's about all I can do to drag my arse to the car each day and drive to daycare/work wherever I'm going. Getting out of the car has to be thought about and planned. This morning big man bent down and pretended to eat little mans knee causing shrieks of laughter - no small feat at 8am - while I enjoyed the laughter all I could think about was how easy it was for him to bend down like that and get back up again without even thinking about it. I couldn't sleep last night, my back aches, rolling over is a nightmare, I can't get comfortable, getting up to pee is pissing me off, I've considered a potty but I'd never get back up!

I know I'm whining, sorry but I just feel so big and unwieldy I'm pretty miserable.

Had a midwife appointment on Friday, she did an internal, ouchie fucking ouchie. Nothing happening there, high and tight, was sure things were going on, am still sure to be honest, the contractions I'm feeling had better be doing something other than pissing me off. Babe is estimated to be 6lbs so that's not a big deal, if the 1/2 lb a week thing is a guide, s/he'll be 8lbs in 4 weeks which is fine by me. Midwife gave me the go ahead to try to get things going in about 2 weeks so big man is all excited, poor fella might get some lovin' for a change.

My tickers says 35 weeks but everything else I have (babycenter etc) says 36 weeks so I'm confused. I'll go with the ticker...

Updated to add: I just delivered a 3lb poo, I feel so very much better now, amazing how that happens!

3 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

Ah, thanks for the poo info.

Can I just say it is almost over??? Not long to go at all, though being the last month I suppose it will drag.

I was going to say doesn't big man do laundry, but then I remembered that I don't allow William to do laundry unless I want all our clothes ruined. And I figure it might possibly be the same at your end. And in my moment to bitch (since i'm not allowed to do it on my own blog!) a couple of Monday mornings ago William said "Didn't you wash my work jeans?" I said "No, I worked all weekend." And he had the nerve to say I could have done them on Friday night! If I didn't laugh, I'd swing for him, I swear.

Boliath said...

You're very welcome.

I know there's not long to go, I cling to that every day. I knwo I'm whining and I shouldn't but damn it's hard to be cheery at the moment.

Big man doesn't do laundry, it's an agreement we cam to many moons ago, he does trash, I do laundry. He really is doing all other domestic chores, he's cleaning, washing, vaccumming, everything, I would feel awful adding laundry to his list. I did get one load folded last night so I feel better about it.

I would've swung for William, you have great restraint.

Emma in Canada said...

I didn't mean to insinuate that you were whining. I'd just have to look back at my pregnancy blog to see true whining. And yes, I do show great restraint. In regards to William that is. Ah well, he's good with the girls so I'll get over the fact that I redo half the dishes after he's done them!