Monday, July 9, 2007

Been away folks, up to Vermont for some R&R.

Had a scary day yesterday, major contractions, back spasms and just a feeling that something was going on. My mucous plug came out which I know is a sign for many people that "things" are imminent but 3 weeks before little man was born I was 3cm and 70% effaced, I assume the plug was gone then too but I never actually saw it like I did yesterday. Freaked me out a bit, even at 35 weeks I still check the toilet each time for things that shouldn't be there. But the contractions never came regularly so I relaxed.

Baby has dropped waayyyy down, feel like I need to poo all the time, which is not good especially because I have roid rage at the moment. There's a golfball size roid hanging out down there causing me much pain and discomfort. The last thing I want to do is poo!

Couldn't sleep last night from the pain, despite witch hazel pads and hemmie cream from the doc, even used ice which did help a bit but man am I ever tired today. Did some research on it and apparently you can get them lanced - sounds lovely eh? Actually it does sound good, immediate relief and all that but from what I've read the recovery is bad and can affect your ability to push the babbie out so I'll leave that alone and try to deal.

Found this today and thought I'd share, I've certainly had enough of people telling me how fucking HUGE I am. It hasn't escaped my notice people, I am aware of the enormous belly beneath my breasts, y'know, the one that has a gymnast inside. Honestly I nearly had to put the baby into time out this weekend such were the gyrations and contortions going on in there, damned painful!

Sending big love to Kendra, hoping all is well with her.

Thinking of questions for Emma and envying the cute little belly random mommy is sporting as I sit here in my really-shouldn't-be wearing-at-work-sweatpants-but-just-couldn't-put-anything-else-on today pants.

2 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

People like random mommy totally should not be allowed to show themselves pregnant, it makes the rest of envious. I look further along than her and last I checked I wasn't pregnant.

Really? Golf ball sized? Sounds quite horrid.

Boliath said...

Feels like a golfball, is probably more like a pea.

I agree rm should be banned.