Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Cousins & things...

Emma asked how many cousins little man has and I'm the type that keeps this straight in a spreadsheet so here you are:

Big man side cousins - 25
my side cousins - 14
total 1st cousins - 39 (this includes the 4 from this year)

Big man side Aunties - 5
my side Aunties - 5
total Aunties - 10 (not including in-law Aunties of which there are 7)

Big man side Uncles - 6
my side Uncles - 3
total Uncles - 9 (not including in-law Uncles of which there are 9)

Big man side Grandchildren - 27
my side Grandchildren - 16

Impressive or what!

All cousins are in Ireland except for 2 in England and 2 in the US (1 still in-utero)

Now you know why I want to go home, it's family family family and in my mind that's what life is all about. Who else will mourn you when you're gone? Who else knows you and loves you like they do? I know not everyone loves their family and no everyone's family loves them but I'm one of the lucky ones, there are no better people to spend time with in my opinion, none. I miss my brothers and sisters so much it's like a pain that never quite goes away. I live in fear that one of these days I'll get a phone call to tell me somebody has gone and I'll wonder what the fuck I was doing away from them for so long.

Ack this stuff is too much for me.

2 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

Big Man is from a family of 12? Good God. I can't even begin to imagine what Christmas muct be like.

I don't blame you at all for wanting to go home, I would too if my family was all still there.

Boliath said...

Big man is the youngest of 12, the 7th son no less.

I'm one of 9 myself.

It is madness, glorious madness.