Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I can relax a bit now

So I've been awol I know, I had the biggest day of my work year on Sunday, a public event I coordinate that due to the weather, which was glorious, attracted somewhere around 35,000 people. It was madness, great, fabulous, fulfilling but exhausting. I crashed and burned yesterday & today and am finally getting around to coherent thought.

Best part of the whole thing was the golf cart I had to myself all day. This event takes place in a park kind of place, I normally roam around the 150+ acres during the day putting out fires (not literally) and taking care of business, but at 26w pregnant there wasn't a hope of me doing that so I got my hands on this little electric vehicle thingie, it was the bomb! I hated giving it back at the end of the day.

Anyway here I am again now so what can I tell you?

Indigestion is a beast, hips are starting to ache, still have the kicked in the f@nny feeling, but other than that feel ok. Feel quite big and had to go get new pants today, have developed lovely rolls of back fat under my bra strap so have put away all the handy dandy spandexy type teeshirts from Target that have been my staples until now. I know it's nearly time for the enormous tent like teeshirts but I can't bear to put them on yet. I'm not a big fan of maternity clothes, I don't look like a cute pregnant chick, well to be fair I think I did for a while, but now I'm beginning to look like a whale and I still have 14 weeks to go. Oh well it will all be worth it in the end.

I really am starting to get excited about the baby coming, I'm looking forward to seeing the little face and washing the little body. I've resisted the urge to buy stuff so far, mainly 'cos we're broke but also kind of superstitious.

Little man meanwhile is just blowing my mind, he's growing in to a little boy before my eyes. His development during the past couple of months has been incredible. His speech is amazing, he can count, knows his letters and colours, can write his name (kinda) and is full of ideas and chat non stop. Some of this is annoying, endearing at times but jaw clenching annoying too, the 'why' thing, jesus h christ and all the saints preserve me, how do you deal with the why thing without resorting to 'because'? I have done that, I've said 'because I said so' more than once, I feel terrible about that but man oh man I can't keep up. He is amazing though, I catch myself staring at him sometimes and wondering how I deserve to have him. I'm glad I do.

So how are all you folks? I see I've been tagged by random_mommy so I'll have to deal with that one of these days, I also see that Emma was getting orgasms at 13, what the? I didn't even know what one was until I was about 17, damn I missed out.

1 comment:

Emma in Canada said...

He can write his name? I am really going to have to start working with my daughter.

Glad to hear all is well with you.

Oh, and I was having orgasms long before 13, 13 was just the first time someone else had something to do with it!