Thursday, January 4, 2007

Bummer

I kind of regard this as a PSA for other IBS sufferers out there so sorry again if it's too much info for you but man is my world down there going through some chaos!

I had bad problems with constipation with little mans pregnancy and it's back with a vengance this time, only it's accompanied by quite a lot of bleeding. I'm used to re.ctal bleeding from time to time, I've had all sorts of tests and my favourite - an@l exams and even cameras! They all show nothing to worry about so the diagnosis has been internal hemorrhoids (yes I know how to spell it, sorry for messing that up in the last post) and as long as it's not too much they've said not to worry.

For the past few days I've been continuing my enormous poo productions and they've been accompanied by quite a lot of bright red blood - pah sez I, normal, nothing to see here folks, move along. But it's been getting worse not better so I called the doc. I'm waiting for a call back and can assume that I'll be exposing my nether regions to the delights of probing fingers again in the next 24 hours. I'm hoping that will be all and they'll tell me to drink more water, eat more fiber and try not to strain - HAH! You think I don't know this? I think I've torn something, to be honest, and it's just being aggravated each time I pass a stool, especially the big ones.

TMI?

I know, I know, but considering the googling I've done on this it's a concern for a lot of people and seeing blood in the bowl is definitely worrying so I consider this my good deed for other pregnant IBS women out there. If you are or have been one, step right up and let me know what worked and didn't for you.

PS I'm using rec.tal and an@l just 'cos I want to keep the pervs away, not from any sense of modesty on my behalf.

1 comment:

Portlairge said...

I love your tag "poo". That is indeed a bummer. It does sound like you've torn something you poor thing. I hope it's not too painful and you got in to see the doctor.