Friday, February 2, 2007

Blood sugars

So I went to Ireland and told all the family who were mostly delighted but not all - that's a long story and one I might go into at some point but not now.

I'm back now and have gone public with the news so no need to keep secret anymore yahoo!

This means that I have broken out the elasticated pants - oh goodies, I love me some elasticated plants with no pockets. Maternity clothes suck in the main but there is some joy in not having to suck in my belly any more, it kind of makes up for having to wear soft cup bras.

I'm having a few problems with my blood sugar, it's too high in the morning and drops too low during the day, I know this because I have once again become familiar with sticking myself with lancets up to 6 times a day, I had to do it 3 times this morning I couldn't seem to get enough blood, out of practice. Anyway my blood sugar this morning was 140! That is 50 more than it should be, yikes people, seriously.

Apparently having GD this early is a bad thing for the baby, so I'm a touch concerned.

Other than that I'm feeling better in the main, more energy, less want to die nausea and thanks ever ever so much to Portlairge for introducing me to my new friend Benefiber, I owe you kisses with tongues for that one babe and I look about 4 months pregnant rather than 6 thanks to the relief!

Did I warn you yet that I am possibly the crankiest pregnant woman ever? I was a miserable cow last time so I am trying not to complain and whine so much this time, failing but trying.

1 comment:

Portlairge said...

I'm so glad the benefibre is working. Did you have a good time at home. I hope so. For the blood sugars-make sure yor fingers are warm, hold your finger downwards and "milk it" a few times towards the tip of your finger to get the blood to the tip. Use the lancet on the side of your fingertip and not on the tip. Does that make sense or do you want me to shut up and go away.
Anyway, I'm glad you're back. I missed you.
I loved the bit about not having to suck in your belly. Before I ever got pregnant I used to tell my friends that the best thing about getting pregnant would be not having to hold in my belly. Then infertility hit and I wasn't quite so flippant but I have to say that not holding in my belly for 9 months was pretty cool.